Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Monday, August 25, 2008

We, I mean I, made it!

It was a beautiful morning!

I love this girl!

Grandma helped us with the photos.

This morning went great! I couldn't have asked for better. Esme did beautifully!

We walked into the classroom,

I took her picture with her teacher,

and she sat down at her table. I snapped a few pictures (no longer feeling a bit silly because parents were following their kids around video taping the entire affair!) Then I didn't really know what to do. I walked out of the classroom and down the hall, turned around walked back past the classroom, wandered the long way out of the building, and slowly walked to the van. I didn't have my cell phone with me - I was starting to get emotional. I wanted to call my Mom! I remained composed until I walked in the door and Alice (Grandma tended Alice and Renesmee for me) asked, "Where's Esme?" I didn't answer her right away because I could feel my eyes burning and an enormous sob rumbling in my chest. She asked again, and I consented "at school." I didn't want Alice to see me cry and think school was sad so I fought like a lion to remain composed! I made it!

Although you can bet your bottom dollar I was early just dying to pick her up!

Esme had a great first day and has talked CONSTANTLY since she got home. "I'm a bear!" "I'm a bear!" Each of the kindergarten classes are a team and are either a bear or a turtle, etc. She got a little over excited and must not have been paying attention because she came home and said she learned about temples, church, and Jesus. I just smiled.

Alice and I had a great time together. Renesmee took her morning nap and Alice and I did workbook pages, worked in the kitchen, and played together. We went on a 6.5 mile bike ride, and played duck, duck, goose with a teddy bear, cement duck, and Renesmee. Needless to say, Alice won! It was a wonderful day!

My father-in-law gave me a used mountain bike,

Edward bought me a trailer,

and I bought a big basket.

Alice & Renesmee ride in the trailer, obviously! We biked to the library and the local market. The library was actually not open yet, but we were good sports! :) I wanted to bike to get out of the house, get additional calorie burning exercise, and to not consume so much oil. Most of the places I drive are a couple of miles away and I can bike that. (I've also started driving my plastics and papers to the grocery store and dumping them in the recycling canisters.
Go green!)

No comments: