Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Changing...

When I dreamed about the kind of mother I would be when I grew up, I always saw the fun, engaging, creative me. As it turns out, it's much harder to let messes happen & experiments take place than I dreamed. There's always so much to do, and my cheerful self gets shoved into a closet when messes get maid (no pun intended!) So, I'm putting the maid in the closet & letting out the mother, or at least I'm working on it!
My first exercise in this pursuit, buying window crayons & letting my little artists decorate the windows!

I'm also trying to be a crafty Mom/Homemaker. It's so dang fun to create things, and it really does boost self esteem. With artists like these girls, I have to at least attempt. So, I attempted a centerpiece for our kitchen table. Ok, so it's practically a kindergarten craft, and it's done horridly, but it was a baby step! Just wait until you see the crafts I've gotten into (more on that later!) And yes, that's Mr. Accountant training up his new apprentice!

Esme is very much her father's daughter. She loves numbers, math, knowing exactly how much money she has earned!

No comments: