Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Honey-do List...

While my Dad was visiting he asked me if there was anything that needed fixing up. Our first item is an old chest/bench we got from my in-laws. It desperately needed to be refinished & had been sitting in our garage for... a while. It turned out to be quite the process!
First, dismantle & strip the old finish-

and

Second, sand it to make it smoothe-

and

Third, paint new finish on & don't splash on your clothes! I forgot to take pictures of this phase I guess. I must've been distracted by Alice.

She has an AMAZING imagination! I stood & watched her play in her imaginary world for several minutes before she realized I was standing right in front of her button, freckle-less nose watching her! Of course, then she began posing! I love her!

Fourth, while that dries fix the door so it hangs straight- and therefore is EASY to open & close! Wow!

Change the light bulbs in the back yard.

more posing -

and the garage door opener-

Wash some dishes-

Put up new lights for the front of the house-

And, figure out & fix our suddenly non-tumbling dryer!

Take granddaughters for a ride-

Oh, and finish the chest-

and

Tada!

I love you, Dad!