So, Tuesday evening Esme did an innocent cartwheel in the living room... long story short, she broke her pinky and ring finger right at the knuckles at the top of the palm. We didn't realize this until Wednesday mid-day, and she didn't get a cast on it until yesterday afternoon. She now has a bright pink, pink, pink cast. She likes it and loves that the names of her family are on it!

I was worried it would drive her insane, but she's doing great!!

Last night Alice game into my room saying her stomach really hurt. So, I was up comforting her, but she didn't throw up until this morning. In the chaos of that and trying to get my now handicap daughter ready for school Esme asks if she can take some medicine. "Does your arm hurt?" "No, but it might later." So, I write a nice note and put Jr. Motrin in a zip lock bag and send her to school. Grandma, aka Angel came to stay with Alice & Renesmee while I ran to the store to get Gatorade for Alice. In my absence the school nurse calls home and leaves a very detailed message on my machine about how that is unacceptable. Great! I couldn't get a hold of Edward to tell him how I got yelled at so, I went to my happy place and had more than just a bit.
Later she called back on my cell and tells me that Esme's arm hurts so if I bring medicine properly - in the bottle w/the instructions on it and hand it to her - she will give Esme some. So, I call the Angel again and she comes over (Alice was asleep, so was Renesmee) and I go take the medicine.I walk into her office and the nurse looks at me and says, "are you by any chance related to all those Cullens from a long time ago." I looked down at my cracker decorated jacket, too big sweatpants, and purple clearance Target moccasins, and say "why yes I am." Crap!! At least I wiped the mascara from under my eyes! Crap! As I left she said, "did you know there are stickers all over your back?" Argh! Now I remember Alice put all the stickers from the doctors office on the back of my jacket yesterday!
I came home and fed Renesmee lunch. Our fridge is crazy and freezes things no matter what setting we use so what I was supposed to eat for lunch was totally frozen. Instead I gave in to the cravings monster and went to my happy place, again. During my chocolate/peanut butter attack Renesmee eyed me intensely. She saw the chocolate chips and did screeched and pointed until I gave her one. I rationalize that it was ok because it was a mini. Well, one wasn't enough for her either! After going through this like five times I put them away. Oh buddy, she didn't think that was nice at all! But, it did help her work on her "more" sign, and she'd say, "mo, mo, MO!"
Oh, and among the chaos of the morning, I left my cell phone at Wal-mart when I went to get more Motrin since I had to give the bottle to the nurse and Melissa will need more this evening. It fell out of my pocket in the parking lot. I ran to the car and it just slipped out. I called it and customer service answered. At least someone turned it in and didn't steal it.
I tried to get a picture of Alice deeply asleep. She is so beautiful! But, she woke up!

She was sweet enough to re-enact it for me! Thank you Aunt Ingrid for the beautiful blanket. It kept my baby warm and comfy!
5 comments:
Haha!! Caryn, your family is so amusing!! You never cease to amaze me :)
HELLLLOOOOO! I found your blog! THanks for dinner, I think I forgot to tell ya, and thanks for the conversation! Gets boring these days with no one to talk to! You're the best, especially for not calling CPS when I almost poke Lil's eye out... nice. I luv ya.
Great to see the old couch is still keepin on! Love ya!
Great to see the old couch is still keeping on! Love ya!
Post a Comment