Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas Morning!

Well, Christmas Eve totally stressed me out this year! I was so worried about the girls waking up and trying to sneak down stairs. Now that I'm fully awake I realize it's not that big of a deal, but in the middle of the night when I'm not firin' on all cylinders it seemed horrid! So, I half slept all night, keeping my ears perked for the muffled pitter-patter of their feet. Excitement would wake them from a peaceful slumber around 5 am. Now... Edward's family woke up at whatever hour the kids woke up and open presents. I kid you not! The first Christmas I spent there with Esme, was an eye opener!! Edward's younger sister, Helen, comes bursting into our room at 4:30 am. I was slightly un-excited! My family was different. You waited until a reasonable hour which was declared by my snoozing parents. Hey, it was torture, but it was fun torture!

So, Edward got up with them at 5. I refused to get my exhausted self or Renesmee up so they played until 6. Then Edward said he couldn't hold them off any longer and against all rules we woke up Renesmee and headed downstairs.

Edward's family also has this tradition of how to parade down the stairs. The line is by age. Well, we all just walked down together!
This is what we found...

The stockings were a huge success!

Renesmee didn't really know what to think.

Santa brought Esme an easel! She is constantly drawing and writing. It's perfect!

Assembly time!

Santa brought Alice an outdoor playhouse. They love it!

Hooray!

After awhile Alice became sad. I asked her what was wrong.

She said she likes opening presents and wanted to open more. It was so sweet because she didn't necessarily want more toys she just liked unwrapping them. I think for her birthday I'm going to put her presents in a box, wrap it, put it in another box, wrap it... etc. Just so she gets all her un-wrapping needs met!

The best present ever... quilts I made. I spent many hours making quilts for their beds. My dear friend Ellen was a sweet tutor and helped me through thick and thin, all hours of the day (and night), and rescued me at the end to help me finish them in time. I stitched their first initial in the bottom right corner so we could tell who's was who's.

I told the girls I was sewing a quilt for Callie, my niece, so they were quite surprised when they opened them and realized they were really for them!!
(Our family presents go under the tree.)

This is Esme rolling around hugging her quilt!! Happiness to me!!

No comments: